Crowd density limits will be scrapped this coming Friday.
Premier Jeremy Rockliff has made the announcement off the back of Public Health advice, the restrictions to be removed from all premises and settings.
It means premises will no longer be limited to 1 person per 2 square metres from midnight, May 20th.
Capacity limits for all events and settings will also be removed, there'll be no limitations on the number of people that can attend pubs, theatres, stadiums and festivals.
The move follows a stable seven-day average of around 1000 Covid-19 cases since the start of May.
Businesses may decide to keep density limits for the safety of staff or patrons, but will not be required to by Public Health orders.
The news has been welcomed by Tasmanian Agricultural Shows and the Royal Agricultural Society of Tasmania.
Scott Gadd, President of Tas Ag Shows and CEO of the Royal Agricultural Society of Tasmania, says the Show sector suffered under the limits.
The groups maintains it can provide much more certainty for organisers of Tasmania’s 23 agricultural shows, and means they can now plan ahead.
The 2021 Royal Hobart Show ran at a loss of $200,000 due to the restrictions placed upon it by the Health Department.
"We campaigned strongly last year, and into this year, to have these limits reviewed, and we’re pleased with the Government’s decision today," Mr Gadd said.
The Agfest Organising Committee has echoed the sentiments.
"The removal of restrictions will mean after two hard years we will finally be able to present an Agfest as close to normal as possible," Agfest Chairman Caine Evans said.