7XS West Coast Walk of Life
Nomination forms will be available in each West Coast town a month prior.
Rules for 2024 Walk!
1. All entrants participate in teams. Each team is to consist of 8 to 10 members. Teams are responsible for their own shelters, extra food, wet weather gear etc.
2. One member of your team MUST be on the ground at all times for the duration of the Walk.
3. The walking direction will be changed every hour by notification of a siren.
4. Teams captains are responsible for organizing your team and keeping team members informed and enthusiastic! They are also responsible for the actions of team members and their families.
5. No pets or animals, other than guide or service dogs are allowed at the venue.
6. Illicit drugs are not allowed at the event. A breech if this condition will result in being removed from the venue and Police will be called.
7. No alcohol may be bought to the event…no exceptions
8. Bicycles, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards and scooters are all prohibited from the venue site for the safety of all in attendance. Vehicles are permitted to transport in your teams gear for setup and for access for the mobility impaired but we ask that all vehicles remain parked in the Batchelor St car park and people to access the ground via the footbridge for everyone’s safety.
9. Fire pots and gas BBQs are prohibited at the event.
10. There is a general common sense approach that all competitors are expected to use in all behaviors to ensure the safety, security and general enjoyment of all participants.
11. In addition to the above rules, teams with only U/18 participants must have a responsible adult present at all times, these adult supervisors are responsible for these team members behavior.